Sage is a traditional medicine plant of the Native American peoples, used for healing and ceremony. It is used for cleansing and purification, and to open people up to a greater connection with the sacred. It is thought to banish negative energy, not only on the physical level, but also emotionally, mentally and spiritually. It has a very aromatic, sharp and stimulating smell, and its action works on all the senses. White Sage is often used to cleanse spaces, houses, rooms or environments of any kinds of negative or old energies, and prepare the space with fresh intent.
How Do I Use the Sage Smudge Kit?
- Take one end of the sage smudge bundle and light with a lighter or match
- Do not overburn! The end of the bundle should produce thick smoke but smolder slowly
- Decide what areas you’d like to focus on whether it be your body or a room in your home and allow the smoke to linger specifically in those areas
- You can walk through your entire home or area you’d like to cleanse and allow the smoke to waft
- If you’d rather just allow the sage to burn, place it on an incense burner or in a heat proof bowl