By now, we’re sure that you’ve heard of or even used essential oils. People today have so many ailments and are often looking for a more natural approach to combat those ailments. Health and wellness are extremely important and some have become uncomfortable with taking over the counter or prescription medications. Due to this, many people turn to essential oils for assistance and are pleasantly surprised with the outcome! With the weather changing, people who suffer from sinus issues and sinus headaches are asking what are the best essential oils for sinus headache? We’ll discuss that and more in this article.
What are Sinuses?
Sinusitis is a very common issue among many people. The sinuses are air-filled spaces found in the face between the eyes, cheeks, nose, and forehead. They are responsible for filtering the air we breathe and are a mucus-lined structure that produces mucus to clean itself out. Sometimes, these spaces can become blocked and tend to fill up with fluid. This can cause a number of things that become uncomfortable to say the least, but sinus headaches are very common. On top of the headache, people often feel pressure in their head, forehead, cheeks, and eyes. You may have tried medications to try to relieve your symptoms but many consider essential oils to be a fantastic remedy! We’ll discuss what the best essential oils for sinus headaches are later.
What are Essential Oils?
Essential oils are plant extracts that capture the essence of the plant itself. Each oil has its own unique scent and benefits. These plant extracts are typically combined with some sort of carrier oil like coconut, almond, avocado, etc. to make them easier to use on the skin. They can be used in a variety of ways, from aromatherapy to massages, but best of all they’re easy and safe! When talking about the best essential oils for sinus issues like headaches, there is a variety that could be helpful and get you back to feeling like yourself.
What Essential Oils are Good for Sinus Issues?
Now that we’ve gone over the basics, let’s take a detailed look at the best essential oils for sinus issues that could lead to headaches and other ailments are:
- Peppermint – Peppermint essential oil can be used to treat allergies, congestion, and headaches. It’s best known for its ability to soothe the skin and muscles. Make a massage or aromatherapy blend by combining it with lavender oil to help you relax, refresh your mind, and take away that nagging pain in your head as well! Peppermint is thought to be the absolute best essential oils for sinus issues due to the number of different things it can assist with.
Buy Peppermint Essential Oil Now!
- Rosemary – Rosemary is best known for its use as a memory enhancer. It can also help improve your concentration and focus, which are two very important factors when trying to alleviate chronic headaches. Plus, it’s an antioxidant that will help you detoxify!
- Lavender – Lavender essential oil has long been used to treat insomnia and depression, and may also help get rid of headaches. It’s best to mix it with rosemary or eucalyptus oil though, since the strong scent of lavender may be too overpowering for some people.
- Eucalyptus – Eucalyptus oil is best known for its pain-relieving and decongestant properties.
- Lemon – Lemon oil has analgesic properties that can help relieve headaches and soothe sinuses as well.
- Cedarwood – The analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties of cedarwood oil make it a good essential oil for sinus issues and sinus headaches.
How to Use Essential Oils
Here are a few common ways people can use essential oils for aromatherapy and relief:
- Nasal: Just mix a few drops of any of these best essential oils for sinus issues with water and spray it as a nasal spritz.
- Diffuser: You can place the mixture in a diffuser to help you breathe better.
- Direct Inhale: If you need a quick and easy method, place a few drops of essential oil in your hand or on a tissue and breathe in.
- Bath: If you’re already feeling crummy, a great thing to do is add a few drops of your chosen essential oil to a bath and inhale the oil while being able to soak.
- Topical: If you want to apply essential oils directly to the affected area, always mix your essential oil with a carrier oil like coconut or almond oil.
Essential oils have helped many people in various aspects of their lives. Now that you know some of the best essential oils for sinus problems, you can try them and let us know which one you find to be most effective! If you’re having trouble finding the essential oil you need or have questions about these oils, Terry’s Natural Market has the widest selection of essential oils and our expert staff will have the answers to all your burning questions!